Wednesday, June 27, 2007

For those of you who actually read this...

In preparation for reading Possession I checked out two books of short stories by A.S. Byatt. The first one that I read The Matisse Stories, was interesting. Definitely a writing style that I haven't read much of since college. But it reads very quickly, and because of my interest in art, I enjoyed it. I don't think it's for everyone though.
Right now I'm reading The Little Black Book of Stories. I was not impressed by the first story. I felt that I had wasted my time reading it. Although, the last paragraph did hold one nugget of interest to me. Last night, I read another story. This one appealed to me much more. Because of it, I will continue reading the book. I don't want to tell you anything about the story in case you decide to read it. Suffice it to say, the ending was unexpected. I think that's what I liked about it. Again, I'm not sure Byatt is for everyone. Anybody started reading Possession yet? I plan on taking it with me on vacation.

No comments: